Each year, as per state regulations, admission to public charter schools is done by a lottery process. To learn more about lottery regulations, please click on this link:
Current Alice King Community School students are automatically entitled to enroll the following year without participation in the lottery. Siblings of currently enrolled students, as well children of current staff members, will have priority for admission, subject to space availability, but will need to complete the lottery application.
The lottery does not guarantee admission, but determines preference in filling available spots. Once a grade level is filled, any remaining names are placed on a waiting list for that school year in the order in which their names were drawn in the lottery.
Lotteries are determined by the Principal, based upon enrollment needs.
To learn more about AKCS, we invite you to view our informational powerpoint for prospective families BY CLICKING HERE. School tours which will be available on Friday, February 11 from 12:30-3pm. Limited slots will be available and you must PRE-REGISTER BY CLICKING HERE.
ENROLLMENT and LOTTERY
If you are interested in applying for the AKCS lottery for the 2022-2023 school year, please follow these steps:
- Lottery applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be available beginning January 5, 2022. The lottery application is available online and must be submitted electronically.
- In order to be considered in the lottery drawing, applications must be submitted prior to Thursday, February 24 at 4:00pm. Applications will continue to be accepted after the lottery in the order they are received.
- The Lottery will be conducted on Friday, February 25 at 10:00 am via Zoom. You can view the lottery drawing live by CLICKING HERE TO ATTEND THE LIVE ZOOM MEETING. You may also call the front office to learn what number you drew beginning Monday, February 28.
- We will begin notifying parents after the lottery drawing if their child has been selected for an enrollment opening at our school for next year. When we offer an opening, parents have 24 hours to commit to enrolling their child.
- Once a student is accepted, he or she must complete and submit a series of registration forms during new student registration. Failure to comply with this requirement, on the date such paperwork is due, will result in a student losing his or her place at AKCS.
- Siblings, as well as children of current staff members, are given priority in the lottery process; you must fill out an application for each child in your family (who you wish to attend AKCS). There is no guarantee of admission for siblings.
- If an application is improperly filled out, with regard to the grade level of the child, the application will be dismissed.
- Lottery applications are not carried over from one year to the next.
- The date the application is received has no bearing on the lottery drawing number.
- Once you have received a number, you may be notified throughout the summer and into the following school year, if an opening becomes available (based on your lottery number).
Please call Ms. Kelly, at 505-344-0746, if you have additional questions, regarding the lottery process at Alice King Community School.
Thank you for your interest in our charter school!